New member first brew 6 days in

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Matt, seems that one is popular one, based on what I've read to date and experienced I reckon 8 days is about bang on for that one.

Mine came out fairly cloudy tasted a little more bitter than expected but all in all pretty good considering it was warm after all, will be interesting to see how it holds up after a few weeks of conditioning.

Are you looking at kegging or heading down the bottling path?

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
It could be dead yeast did you put the yeast satchet in the fridge. Any kits I've got so far the yeast and hold go straight into the fridge if I don't plan on using it.

Probably the best thing to do is check it with a hydrometer.

If you turn the light on do you see any bubbling at all, will vary from big to small bubbles, may require 2 or 3 or even more presses of the light button.

Otherwise i I know the customer support are extremely helpful and may have an answer.

Like yourself though I'm still learning which isn't a bad thing, we'll get there.

Mattysd74

BrewArt Rookie
No bubbles at all. I put the brew print on the day it arrived. I contacted brew support but being holiday break I don't think I will receive any answer yet

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
No bubbles at all. I put the brew print on the day it arrived. I contacted brew support but being holiday break I don't think I will receive any answer yet
Painful isn't it with the break then again they probably deserve it, be interesting to hear what they think, it certainly is sounding like dead yeast though especially if you can't see any bubbles at all.

Bought 12 brewprints too. If there is a problem hopefully it's only the one
I think pretty unlucky as it does happen from time to time, I took delivery of 4 BrewPrints and 2 so far are looking good, with another 5 on the way which is killing me - been in transit since the 23rd.

Mattysd74

BrewArt Rookie
I got a recommendation from tech support to add another yeast pack. 6 hours later it's telling me ready to keg.
so I keg it and will start a coopers pale ale tonight. Brewart will send me 2 replacement yeast packs. Fingers crossed.

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm 6 hours that almost doesn't seem right, taste it before kegging that's for sure.

You certainly can't complain about their support! Even sales, I forgot to add some keg holds to my order, asked whether I could they be added but that wasn't possible instead sent me a free shipping promo code so happy with that.