Possible Liner Fail

MattS

BrewArt Rookie
So I just had my first ever keg fail. Had my Aztec Cerveza sitting in the fridge for a week or more after conditioning then transferred to the BrewFlo. Hook everything up and pull the handle to dispense goodness. All I got was air, air, and more air with a slight amount of froth. After about 5 mins I got a glass of froth that eventually settled to beer (with a big head). Had a taste and decided that I have invented a new sort of beer that would appeal to some sort of alien invader. Hard to describe the taste but "yeasty" and "disgusting" covers it. I suspect there is a problem with the liner and have emailed Brewart support. Ended up tipping the beer out and throwing the keg liner away, there was no way it was recoverable. Bit of a shame as I have brewed the Aztec Cerveza before and my wife is quite keen on it.

Pursya

BrewArt Rookie
Looks like I've had a similar issue.
Keg was nothing but foam on the flow. Had a good look and there was beer between the liner and the keg.
If taken the keg out and drunk as much as I could before pouring the rest down the drain.
Currently have water in the bladder trying to identify where the failure is.
Appears I can't upload the video of the pur, file to big.

Attachments

Banjo

BrewArt Rookie
It looks like you have done everything right yet beer still spilled into the keg! After reviewing the Facebook group posts it seems all too common. I have had this on a recent keg also. When taking the keg lid apart I noticed that the white ring didn't stay on the lid and was stuck in the collar, which could have been from pulling the lid apart or putting it together... if when putting them together I guess a leak like in your images could occur that way. Though I usually have to stick a finger nail in between the keg collar and the lid to separate them when cleaning.

Pursya

BrewArt Rookie
I try and be very careful with the white ring as I do believe it to be a possible weak point. I always give a little twist as I connect the two parts. Just a few millimetres that helps seat the two parts.
Like you, I sometimes need assistance to seperate the two when cleaning.
In this case the ring did come out with the liner connector.
Brewart have sent me a new print and a replacement cap.
Can't ask for anything more from the company.

Banjo

BrewArt Rookie
The support crew are flawless true.

Could the beer be leaking through the thread between the liner and the collar?

I might fill a used liner with water like you did and pop it in the flo to see what happens. Maybe the collar could use a rubber seal

Pursya

BrewArt Rookie
IMG_3580.JPG
A clearer pic of the join.
There is moisture there but a cannot tell where it came from.
When I filled with water I made sure I was over the join to see if there was a leak there.
Water did not go down at all. But no pressure of course.